Welcome Dear Student

This blog was designed for the Biomedical Technology students at the Durban University of Technology, in Durban, South Africa. It consists of short notes on aspects that I feel that my students grapple with, and aims to provide a better explanation than that they would receive in lectures. It is also a very personal blog, where I feel comfortable 'talking' to my students.

Please email me sherlien@dut.ac.za




Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

SIM

used for H2S production, motility and indole production

H2S production
medium turns black

motility
organism grows outwards from line of inoculation

indole
add Kovacs reagent and look for cherry red layer at top of medium

H2S producers are motile

H2S organisms
Salmonella
Proteus

non motile
Klebsiella
Shigella

indole pos
E coli
Proteus vulgaris
Klebsiella oxytoca
Enterobacter agglomerans

No comments:

Post a Comment