Welcome Dear Student

This blog was designed for the Biomedical Technology students at the Durban University of Technology, in Durban, South Africa. It consists of short notes on aspects that I feel that my students grapple with, and aims to provide a better explanation than that they would receive in lectures. It is also a very personal blog, where I feel comfortable 'talking' to my students.

Please email me sherlien@dut.ac.za




Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

success in micro1 practical examinations

I think you and I both need this.
So what does one need to do in order to survive the prac exam?????
When you come into the lab, stop talking. You are already stressed out so you don't need to become more stressed by annoying the staff. You should have already taken out your pen or pencil, marker and labcoat, but only put on the labcoat in the lab. Don't spend time digging in your bag. Get to your place as quickly as possible.

Read through the test paper quickly and determine if you have the correct paper and all relevant documentation. Write down your name and student no.
Listen to any instructions from either the lecturer or lab technician. Check that you have heard, understood and know where all the media, cultures and apparatus are located. Ensure that you know where all the demos are positioned and have heard the instructions for the demos.

You need to organise the time available to you appropriately. Start with the procedures that require the most amount of time.
I need to organise my thoughts on this issue. Back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment