Welcome Dear Student

This blog was designed for the Biomedical Technology students at the Durban University of Technology, in Durban, South Africa. It consists of short notes on aspects that I feel that my students grapple with, and aims to provide a better explanation than that they would receive in lectures. It is also a very personal blog, where I feel comfortable 'talking' to my students.

Please email me sherlien@dut.ac.za




Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

stupid ways to learn... and other tricks

so much of micro can be learnt in a few minutes. Why don't you try:
1. make crib cards with names of orgs and relevant biochemical reactions, etc
2. labelled drawings of Gram reactions, shape and arrangements
3. Create A4 pages with really important stuff and stick on places much frequented, like door of bedroom, cover of notebook, etc (nad here's a classic one that always works, back of toilet door...... you laugh!!!)
4. Sing a song of.... names of orgs in full
5. Make up swear words/phrases that incorporate all relevant biochemical reactions/ uses of media/reactions seen on media, etc
example
you mannitol CHO fermenting S aureus, salt loving halophile you
back off S epidermidis, your mother was a salt lover; you are so pathetic you can't even ferment mannitol
I am so shy I turn pink when ever Mac comes near me. He always wants me to go to that new TSI club, but I find that the fluorescent lights there make my hair turn yellow.

as Bushknife Bobby would say:
hold me hold me; You wanna dalla with my DNA broer, I'll wys u how the DNA is degraded. Warrheid, hey u choon this litie how its done. See ere, you slaan the 1N HCl there, park in the shade,broer, and then pour of the excess HCl. Now you can eyeball the darkies. I am not a skaapie, ekse!!

comments please

1 comment:

  1. NO! NO!!!! MIS P YOU DD NT CRACK IT. DDNT UNDERSTAND WAT U WERE TRYIN TO TUNE EKSE!!!

    ReplyDelete