Welcome Dear Student

This blog was designed for the Biomedical Technology students at the Durban University of Technology, in Durban, South Africa. It consists of short notes on aspects that I feel that my students grapple with, and aims to provide a better explanation than that they would receive in lectures. It is also a very personal blog, where I feel comfortable 'talking' to my students.

Please email me sherlien@dut.ac.za




Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

co receptors in cell to cell interactions

We have learnt that TH cells express CD4 which interacts with MHC class II expressed by APC's.
There are other co receptors involved in the above interaction.
TH cell -------------- APC
LFA-2 LFA-3
LFA-1 ICAM-1
CD28 B7
TCR+CD4 MHC class II + peptide

The most important interaction is between CD28 and B7

No comments:

Post a Comment