Welcome Dear Student

This blog was designed for the Biomedical Technology students at the Durban University of Technology, in Durban, South Africa. It consists of short notes on aspects that I feel that my students grapple with, and aims to provide a better explanation than that they would receive in lectures. It is also a very personal blog, where I feel comfortable 'talking' to my students.

Please email me sherlien@dut.ac.za




Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

urine processing DAY THREE

Read biochemical tests

the GNB was Klebsiella pneumoniae
citrate pos
indole neg (kovacs reagent)
H2S neg
non motile
acid slant and acid butt on TSI, gas pos
urease pos
PAD neg (10% FeCl2)

C albicans due to presence of germ tubes (no restriction between germ tube and yeast cell)

Enterococcus sp due to aesculin bile pos (black colour)and resistant to bacitracin

S saprophyticus due to coag neg, MSA pink colonies, DNA neg and Resistant to novobiocin

No comments:

Post a Comment